February 14, 2011

Mash Up

I have a variety of random things to write about today. Not like that's too entirely different from any other day but this morning I actually realize how strange I am.

It is Monday, February 14th, 2011. Valentines Day. I really don't like Valentines Day, and when I say that I don't mean the unexplained hatred of the cynic for I am quite a hopeless romantic. Neither do I mean the self-pitying hatred of the single girl whose lonely romanticism causes her to loath the national day of Love. No, my dislike grows out of having broken up with someone on Valentines Day. When you ruin the national day of Love for someone you love, you end up with a ruined day yourself. And so, I celebrate nothing on February 14th. Of course, that doesn't mean I don't celebrate Valentines Day at all... It just means I don't do it on February 14th.

Enough of Valentines.

I have decided that I do not like websites with black backgrounds. They're overly annoying. Very annoying. Insanely annoying. Because you're sitting there reading, and all the white text is STARING you in the face saying READ ME READ ME READ ME and you're staring back saying STOP YELLING AT MEEEEEE and the black background starts closing in on you and you start feeling suffocated. You're drowning in the blackness. You can't get away from it. You can't breathe. Oh no! Claustrophobic! Oh no! You're gonna die! Help me help me! And the white text starts laughing maniacally in your face and you throw yourself out of the chair, writhing on the floor in agony just trying to get it out of your mind!
Alright so maybe this is very melodramatic but it gets the point across, no?

I still don't know exactly what I should blog about. Maybe fashion. I could blog about fashion. Fashion is good. It would be like my Fashion Tip of the Day but on a blog instead of facebook and in greater detail, with pictures, and way more words. I could do that. But I still haven't decided.

I have to be at college today. Lame.

I have to clean the yard today to otherwise I might die.

I have things to do today. I WILL BE PRODUCTIVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 comment:

  1. You are SUCH a noodle. I dislike Valentines because it's generally a very one-sided holiday that only matters to girls who use it as a horrible test by which the treatment of their significant other will be determined for the rest of the year. Never mind the fact that he always makes her coffee in the morning, or warms up her car, or takes out the garbage, or makes her feel sexier than a super model; if he messes up one day or fails to exceed unspecified expectations, he's in the doghouse. It's brutal.

    *climbs off pulpit*

    ReplyDelete