February 21, 2011

Allow Me To Complain

Worst. Weekend. Ever.

I have been sick since Friday and I'm really starting to hate it now.

It started out as one of those simple little things. Scratchy throat, headache, super sensitive skin, and anti-social behavior. But of course, I, like normal, ignored all the signs and said what the hell.

I spent the night at my sister's on Friday. Started up a mild fever but said, what the hell, and just went to sleep. Saturday wasn't half bad. I felt magically fine! Mild cough, but my headache was mainly gone. Took some advil and called it good.

Saturday night was spent with Boyfriend, during which time I lost my balance and almost fell over about five times, had a hard time breathing, and was running a temperature. But stubborn little me said, what the hell, and ignored all the signs, protesting that I was entirely fine and didn't need to go home. Finally, because of my curfew, Boyfriend took me home.

I went to sleep but woke up about a hundred times to hack up a lung and wonder why my head felt like it was imploding.

Sunday morning rolls around and at 6AM I was wide awake and absolutely miserable. But, because I was too weak/dizzy to move, I stayed in bed until 12:45 at which point I got up and went to my sister's house to shower and have a family movie/pizza thing. Boyfriend  came to that. I was thoroughly exhausted and fell asleep numerous times throughout the film. We left at around six and drove over to a mutual friend's store to see another mutual friend who was visiting.

By this time I'd developed an uncontrollable shaking, my skin felt like it was on fire every time someone touched me, I was freezing cold, my ears were ringing, and I was entirely unhappy. But I really didn't want to go home so I bit the bullet and didn't say a word other than 'I'm fine babe.' We spent about an hour and a half at the shop. I refused to go home. I refused to go anywhere. I hate ruining things for people and I was determined not to ruin tonight for Boyfriend. He was entirely adamant though, mainly because I was running a fever and he was really concerned. Finally he stole my phone, texted my sister, and told her what was going on. I'm not entirely sure what she said back... But she probably encouraged him not to give into my pouting. So unfair. And so, he pulled me off the counter, walked me to the car (scolding me the entire time), and drove me home. He wasn't taking no for an answer. So unfair.

I fell asleep in the car and when we got back to my house he walked me in and gave me express instructions to take my temperature, tell him what it was (it was 101.4), take something that would make me sleep, and be asleep by 9PM. Good Boyfriend... I was annoyed though. Mostly because I didn't get my way. But I love him. A lot. Good Boyfriend.

Today I woke up at 6:30 coughing and unable to breathe. My fever is gone for the most part, but my sinuses are all stuffy, my throat is burning, my head hurts like nothing else, and my skin is still all meh.

I just had to complain. I don't really have anything else to write about.

1 comment:

  1. I DID tell him not to give in to your pouting! Silly noodle. I hope you feel better soon!!! I'm sending cyber-chicken soup.

    ReplyDelete